The only instruction Germaine ever received was the catechism taught after Sunday Mass in the village church, which she attended with joy.
St. Germaine Cousin saint of June 15
During the long hours of solitude she spent in the fields and in the stable at night, she remained in sweet communion with God, and never complained of her hard life. Every morning she was at Mass, and afterwards went to kneel before Our Lady's shrine. To reach the church she had to cross what was ordinarily a small stream; but after a heavy rain it would become a raging torrent. Several times at those moments, the villagers were amazed to see the rushing waters separate when Germaine approached, and then to watch her cross on dry land.
When she left her sheep to go to church, she would place her staff upright in the ground, and the sheep never went far from it. One day the stepmother was seen pursuing Germaine as she drove the sheep down the road. She was accusing the girl of having stolen some bread and concealing it in her apron.
- Timescape and Other Caribbean Poems.
- Star Crossed (Hollywood Heat Book 1).
- The Birth and Death of Love!
- St. Germaine Cousin - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online;
- FPGEE Secrets Study Guide: FPGEE Exam Review for the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination.
- Angel Child (Hearts Crossing Ranch).
- War of Sweets?
When Germaine unfolded her apron, fragrant flowers, foreign to that region, fell to the ground. Saint Germaine was especially devoted to Our Blessed Mother. Not only did she make and pray the Rosary, she gathered children of the village to teach them the catechism, demonstrating with her Rosary, and instilling in them the love of Jesus and Mary. Her devotion to the Angelus is said to have been so great that she would fall on her knees at the sound of the bells, even if she were crossing a stream.
Germaine died one night in the year , at the age of twenty-one, and was buried as was the custom in those days, in the village church. Forty-three years later, when a relative was to be buried near her and the stones were removed, the grave-digger found to his amazement, the body of a beautiful young girl in a state of perfect preservation.
His pick had struck her nose, and the wound was bleeding. Some of the older residents identified the girl as Germaine Cousin. The private veneration of Germaine had continued from the original finding of the body in , supported and encouraged by numerous cures and miracles.
The documents attested more than miracles or extraordinary graces. Annually thousands of pilgrims visit the church of Pibrac, where the relics of Saint Germaine are enshrined. She is represented in art with a shepherd's crook or with a distaff; with a watchdog, or a sheep; or with flowers in her apron. You must be logged in to post a comment. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Integrated Authority File.
- Aliens Are People Too! A Young Children’s Book;
- Bioeconomics of Fisheries Management?
- Saint Germaine of Pibrac | Feast Day: June 15 | Saints | Catholic saints, Saints, Catholic art.
- Unlocking the Mysteries of Marriage: A Married Couples Truth about This Thing Called Marriage!
- Shop with confidence;
GND ID. Library of Congress Authorities. Library of Congress authority ID.
- Saint Germaine de Pibrac?
- The Story of Germaine.
- Category:Saint Germaine of Pibrac.
- Join Kobo & start eReading today?
- Basilique Sainte-Germaine, Pibrac: Address, Basilique Sainte-Germaine Reviews: 4.5/5?
- Toxicology of the Skin (Target Organ Toxicology Series).
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
Catalan Wikipedia. Wikimedia Commons.objectifcoaching.com/components/lea/rencontres-oujda.php
Banner Sainte Germaine de Pibrac
Simple English Wikipedia. CERL Thesaurus. Germaine Cousin. Santa Germaine Cousin.
June Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Toulouse. Portuguese Wikipedia. Commons category.
Saint Germaine of Pibrac. Obalky knih. International Standard Name Identifier. Freebase ID. Freebase Data Dumps. NTA ID. Faceted Application of Subject Terminology. Nominis saint ID. Santiebeati ID. BAV ID. NLP ID unique. Catholic Encyclopedia ID.